Baobab | tree of Life
Interesting facts about the superfood
The baobab tree is also called the baobab tree and is a fascinating tree native to Africa with many unique properties. In African cultures, baobab has many traditional uses. The leaves, bark, and fruits are used for medicinal purposes, and the hollow trunks served as shelter, water storage, and even prisons. Baobabs can live for thousands of years. Some baobab trees in Africa are said to be over 2,000 years old. They store up to 120,000 liters in their trunks, which helps them survive in dry areas.
tree of Life
Baobabs are also known as the “Tree of Life” because they provide food, water, shelter and medicine to people and animals in their ecosystem. The baobab fruit in particular is rich in vitamin C and other nutrients. The pulp can be used to make juice, jam or a powder that can be added to smoothies or other foods. The taste of the baobab fruit is rather sour, similar to that of citrus fruits. Today it is considered a so-called superfood because it is particularly rich in nutrients.
Here are some of the key features of their nutritional value:
- Rich in minerals | Baobab fruits are a good source of minerals such as calcium, potassium, magnesium and iron - particularly important for deacidification!
- High content of vitamin C | Baobab fruit is a rich source of vitamin C, an important antioxidant that protects cells from damage and supports a healthy immune system.
- Rich in fiber | Baobab is rich in soluble and insoluble fiber, which supports digestive health and can lower cholesterol levels.
- Low sugar content | Baobab fruits have a low glycemic index, meaning they do not spike blood sugar levels.
- Rich in antioxidants | They are rich in antioxidants, which may help reduce inflammation and protect against chronic diseases.
- Prebiotic properties | Baobab contains prebiotic fiber, which promotes the growth of beneficial gut bacteria and can improve digestive health.
Overall, baobab fruit is a nutrient-dense food that can provide a number of health benefits. Their unique nutritional profile makes them a popular ingredient in superfood powders, smoothies and other health products.
We use baobab in Neuner's bao base powder , which gives the holistic mineral mixture a natural super boost to balance the acid-base balance.